1/21/12

Petrol Stations

What is it about Petrol Stations that makes them so inspiring ?

The first Gulf Station 1913

My first impressions of Gas Stations came from the photographs of Robert Frank

Robert Frank 1955
The Petrol Station culture is not very developed in Israel because it is small .
The longest you drive here is five hours.

So the first time I photographed a Gas Station was in America and then in New-Zealand ,with it's long roads and open horizons.

New Zealand , Kaikoura 2008



This week I  shot a fashion editorial at a local petrol station .

Showing the model what to do January 2012
Tel Aviv January 2012

The Petrol Station culture is burnt in my consciousness.

Lady Globes
 You are welcome to visit my website - www.miridavidovitz.com


                                                                    ***

No comments:

Post a Comment